Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back to Black

A nice Quote from Tony Bennett on Amy Winehouse's passing:  


“Amy Winehouse was an artist of immense proportions and I am deeply saddened to learn of her tragic passing,” said Bennett. “She was an extraordinary musician with a rare intuition as a vocalist and I am truly devastated that her exceptional talent has come to such an early end. She was a lovely and intelligent person and when we recorded together she gave a soulful and extraordinary performance. I was honored to have the opportunity to sing with her. It had been my sincere hope that she would be able to overcome the issues she was battling and I send my deepest sympathy to her father Mitchell, her entire family and all of those who loved her.”
Bennett recently recorded a duet with Winehouse for his upcoming album Duets II.  This whole thing saddens me.  You'd be hard pressed to find someone who didn't think Winehouse was headed for self destruction (especially after the awful way her comeback tour was cut short); still, those close to her either refused to or were unable to help.  Sad, Sad, Sad.  Such a loss.






No comments:

Post a Comment